Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Wahl Detailers

So here is my take on the Wahl Detailers. Hands down the best trimmers I have used. Once the blade is adjusted just right these trimmers are nice. Crisp lines, amazing line-ups, and great for design work, they cut the hair sharp, and easy to do detailed stuff with "Hint the name Detailers".
So here is the down fall for these trimmers. The outer case is plastic, and the pegs that extend out of the case are plastic as well. These pegs are where the upper screws go into the bottom case and hold the blade on. There plastic and strip out and crack. I have had 3 pair over the last 3 years and have had this same issue with all of them. Each set lasted about a year.
So there is the good and the bad. Amazing trimmers at a good price, and a shitty plastic housing and breaks. So try them out and let me no what you think. They are available at Sally's Beauty Supply, Mid K Beauty or On-Line at many different barber supply shops.

3 comments:

  1. For some reason I am always leary of WAHL products but I may have to check em out.
    frankiethebarber.tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there the only WAHL product I use. Im gonna be swooping up another pair of them soon. Like I said I wish the screw housings were not plastic. A bad design idea, but amazing cutting quality

    ReplyDelete
  3. We in reply to this Article I wrote I picked up another pair of the Wahl Detailers and they have made the housings where the screws insert metal. They also switched the blade out to a T-edge blade a 1/4 inch bigger than the original. Awesome for line ups, but the original 5 star blade was better for designs.

    ReplyDelete